The school is grateful to all who made gifts and pledges. Every gift helps to advance the educational excellence for which Andover Newton is known around the world. View members of the sustaining giving societies in the FY 2012 annual report.
Few gifts will have as much leverage on the issues congregations and communities you care about as those you make to theological education. Countless professional and lay leaders of churches, educational institutions, mission programs and outreach agencies have found their pathway of preparation through Andover Newton. Won’t you join us in helping them?
Andover Newton Theological School: Delivery Instructions
1.ELECTRONIC TRANSFER of Shares of Stock (DTC Eligible Securities)
Most of us have our brokers keep our stock certificates. In those cases, stocks are transferred electronically by your broker to Andover Newton (please note that shares of mutual funds are handled differently; see #3, below.) Here's the information needed to make an electronic transfer of your shares to Andover Newton:
- Agent Bank Name: State Street Bank & Trust Co.
- Agent Bank Number: 00987
- DTC Participant Number: 987
- Account #: BT24
- FFC: 94-745017 – Andover Newton Theological School – Charitable Gift Account
Should your broker need any additional information, he or she can email Pamela Piliero, Manager of Gifts and Records, at Andover Newton or call (617) 831-2407
Please inform Pamela Piliero, Manager of Gifts and Records at Andover Newton, in advance, of approximately how many shares of what stock(s) or mutual fund(s) you plan to give. This helps ensure that your gift is properly received and that we are able to send you a letter/receipt with the correct information so that you can claim your maximum tax deduction. Email Pamela Piliero, Manager of Gifts and Records at Andover Newton or call (617) 831-2407.
2.TRANSFER of PAPER CERTIFICATES of Shares of Stock
If you have the actual, paper certificates in your possession, please use these steps:
- Sign and date the back of the Stock or Bond certificate. Sign exactly as your name appears on the front of the certificate.
- Contact Pamela Piliero, Manager of Gifts and Records, at Andover Newton for a form that authorizes the transfer of your stock to the Andover Newton account.
- Deliver the form and stock certificate(s) to:
- State Street Bank & Trust, DTCC/New York Window, 55 Water Street, New York, NY 10041 Attn: Robert Mendez
3. TRANSFER OF MUTUAL FUNDS
Mutual fund units cannot be electronically transferred via the same DTC processes as shares of stock. To gift a mutual fund, please contact Andover Newton to expedite the transfer with you and your broker or banker. Gifts of mutual fund shares do take time to finalize, so advanced preparation is recommended when the timing of a gift is critical. Email Pamela Piliero, Manager of Gifts and Records at Andover Newton or call (617) 831-2407.
The Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of Andover Newton Theological School’s mission, of the way the school intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on Andover Newton’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to Andover Newton’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that the school may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
[Donor’s Bill of Rights © 2011, Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), all rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.]