The school is grateful to all who made gifts and pledges in fiscal year 2011. Every gift helps to advance the educational excellence for which Andover Newton is known around the world.
Few gifts will have as much leverage on the issues congregations and communities you care about as those you make to theological education. Countless professional and lay leaders of churches, educational institutions, mission programs and outreach agencies have found their pathway of preparation through Andover Newton. Won’t you join us in helping them?
The Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of Andover Newton Theological School’s mission, of the way the school intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on Andover Newton’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to Andover Newton’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that the school may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
[Donor’s Bill of Rights © 2011, Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), all rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.]