Employment at Andover Newton
This page lists current regular, part-time, and limited contract positions currently open at Andover Newton Theological School.
Positions open specifically to matriculated Andover Newton students are listed on the Student and Alumni/ae Job Board. Positions open at contracted services on campus, including dining services, will generally be listed with those organizations corporate websites.
Currently Available Position(s)
- Database Application Support Specialist
- Faculty Position in Worship and Preaching & Director of Wilson Chapel
Database Application Support Specialist
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Description: Supports staff and faculty with the campus ERP and its web portal. Administers the database of the ERP and creates reports. Acts as backup for other IT staff members.
The Database Application Support Specialist will combine data management, customer service, organizational and operational skills, to support users of CAMS and Jenzabar EX higher education software as well as Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and Microsoft GP Dynamics applications.
The Database Application Support Specialist will provide first-line customer support for the campus ERPs that run all the business processes in admission, financial aid, institutional advancement, finance office, housing etc. She/he will primarily be working with the users, but will need to perform some database administration functions as well.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- End-user support and training on the school's ERP. Troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Design and development of reports using standard report writing tools.
- Database administration and data quality management.
- Business process analysis and documentation.
- Working with faculty and staff across departments to identify and document data management and analysis needs.
- Working with third-party vendors and service providers on troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, etc.
- Implement and support database applications for new and existing individuals, including account and user setup, database connectivity, and application reporting.
- Maintain support systems, including case tracking, bug tracking, schedules, spreadsheets and usage reports.
- Implement periodic database system updates and upgrades.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology-related field.
- Experience with ERPs in an academic environment (experience with CAMS, Jenzabar EX, Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Dynamics a plus).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL databases and T-SQL queries and programming.
- Experience with report writing using Crystal Reports and InfoMaker.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (advanced Microsoft Excel skills a plus).
- Experience with software applications, database management and/or data administration.
- Excellent customer service skills, self-starter and problem-solver.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with others.
Faculty Position in Worship and Preaching & Director of Wilson Chapel
Andover Newton Theological School, a school of the church committed to educating students who are rooted in their faith traditions and prepared to reach out across difference, invites applications for a tenure-track position in Worship and Preaching. The successful candidate will teach courses; provide leadership and coordination for campus worship; create new knowledge about the meaning of worship and preaching in the life of faith communities; and cast a vision for offering educational programs on worship and preaching for aspiring clergy, seasoned clergy, and the laity.
Applicants should demonstrate many of the following qualifications: (1) A completed Ph.D. or Doctor of Ministry with emphasis on preaching, worship, or multidisciplinary ministry studies; (2) teaching experience in preaching or worship or both, (3) either success in or promise for research that furthers scholarship in preaching and/or worship, and/or (4) a professional record that suggests the candidate is a thoughtful practitioner of both worship and preaching.
Andover Newton’s denominational partners are the United Church of Christ and the American Baptist Churches (USA). A significant number of students come from the Unitarian Universalist tradition, and members of the student body come from approximately 35 faith traditions. Although the denominational affiliation of the candidate is open, it is expected that the selected candidate will be prepared to educate students from the School’s partner traditions effectively. Ordination is preferred.
Applications should include a letter of intent, CV, and contact information for at least three prospective references.