Minister for Christian Formation, lay or ordained, Weston, MA
St. Peter’s (Episcopal) Church in Weston is seeking a part-time Minister of Christian Formation for Children and Youth, lay or ordained. We seek a person of strong Christian faith who is gifted in communicating that faith to others.
We are looking for a “people person” who is creative, organized (especially in terms of planning engaging events and seeing them through), team-oriented, and loves working with children, youth, and parents. Prior experience in Christian education is highly desired.
20 or 20+hours/week, 11-month position (with July off), possibility of individual benefits.
- Plan Church School calendar (with lay leadership)
- Invite and support Church School teachers for Nursery - 5th grade
- Select and augment curriculum as needed (with lay leadership)
- Plan middle school and high school youth events (with lay leadership)
- Together with rector, offer Confirmation Classes
- Organize annual events such as beginning and end of year picnics, Christmas Pageant, Holy Week worship service for families, Youth Sunday service (with lay leadership), and monthly events such as First Sunday Breakfast and Special Sunday (children’s chapel)
- Train and schedule acolytes
- Communicate with Church School families regularly via email newsletter and parish Facebook page, and help with parish communications generally (web skills a plus)
- Build pastoral relationships with families with children at home
- Develop online resources to support faith formation at home
- Develop regular faith formation events other than Sunday morning (with lay leadership)
- Godly Play experience a plus
- Basic musicianship a plus (ability to lead songs, “campfire guitar” skills)
For applicants who are ordained, there is the possibility of additional responsibilities around preaching/leading worship and pastoral care.