Director of Music, Norwood MA
The Music Director of the First Congregational Church in Norwood, Ma has
the responsibility of planning and directing the music programs of the
entire church. Such programs shall attempt to integrate music into the
various aspects of church life in a way that supports and complements the
overall ministry of the church.
The Music Director will work with the Pastor in planning music for all
worship services as well as coordinating liturgy and liturgical themes. In
developing other music programs for the church, the Music Director will
work with the Music Committee.
A regular priority is the preparation of musical aspects of the regular
worship services, including but not limited to selection of music,
rehearsals of the choir(s) which will present such selections, and
coordination with appropriate instrumentalists.
In addition, the Music Director shall also:
- Oversee and develop a choir program that affords all age groups the
opportunity for participation in a musical activity.
- Coordinate the music program of the congregation in a way that supports
and is well integrated with the total program and church schedule from the
first Sunday after Labor day to the last Sunday in June.
- Be responsible for weekly rehearsals for the adult vocal choir and
coordinate with church volunteers the Children’s Choir, the Handbell
Choir, and such other ensembles as may be developed from time to time.
- Plan/direct the music for special worship services such as Christmas
Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, etc.
- Work closely with the Music Committee in areas of general planning,
budgeting, and leadership (setting goals, evaluating), to develop and
continue programs as are necessary and possible within the church and
without, to be a ministry to the congregation and community.
- . Oversee and assist in the coordination of music for services during the
- Coordinate the schedules of organists and other instrumentalists.
- Arrange for own substitute.