Office/Communications Manager, Providence, RI
Beneficent Congregational Church is a vibrant progressive Christian church in downtown Providence, R.I., that serves the community through worship, Christian education, community events, and social justice/Christian mission programs. Beneficent Church is seeking a full-time (36 hrs/week) Office/Communications Manager who is committed to the Beneficent Church mission to join the team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day organization and coordination of office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office/Communications Manager will maintain strategic communication, messaging and marketing to help move our church closer to its mission and vision.
Through the power of the Spirit, Beneficent Church creates meaningful connections to God and one another and promotes justice, peace, and healing in our local and global communities. We are a Christ-centered, Open and Affirming, racially, culturally, and socio-economically diverse congregation.
Office/Communications Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all day-to-day operations of our small office
- Assist public and church members via phone and email
- Handle church mailings
- Maintain the physical presence and functionality of the office
- Implement standard operating procedure (SOP) and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
- Coordinate administrative activities; retrieving, organizing and disseminating information to staff, church members, and community partners
- Communicate church policies and practices with staff, community partners, church members, and volunteers
- Maintain physical and electronic office filing systems
- Ensure security and confidentiality of data
- Manage monthly and special event parking in our small parking lot
- Handle relationships and orders between vendors and renters
- Train and manage office volunteers and Work Study students
- Maintain website content and design
- Create and distribute weekly and monthly newsletters via Constant Contact, or other online mail programs
- Maintain social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog, YouTube)
- Maintain contact lists for media, members, community partners and associates
- Assist with fundraising, marketing and promotional initiatives
- Insure that various marketing publications are up to date
- Strong strategic communication, writing and editing skills
- Skillful Communicator
- Effectively handle inquiries from broad range of constituents; diplomatic, friendly, and people-focused
- Very organized and able to work independently
- Independent and proactive
- Strong problem assessment, problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness
- Excellent team worker
- A desire for self-improvement
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4-Year degree preferred, some college required.
- 2-3 years of professional administrative and communications experience.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, able to multi-task
- Highly computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Photoshop, content management website, blogs, social media, and databases).
- Exceptional planning, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and highly discrete issues
- Physically able to lift min. 25 pounds.
Compensation, Benefits, Hours
- Compensation is $30-35K commensurate with experience including healthcare benefits, retirement contributions, and paid vacation.
- Position is exempt, full-time and reports to the Senior Co-Ministers.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Email cover letter and résumé to the Rev. Nicole Grant Yonkman at the email address below, with “Office/Communications Manager” in subject line. No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.