Mission Hub Executive Director, Marlborough, MA
ProGente Connections (PGC) is one of the new Mission Hub initiatives of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts. A Mission Hub is a collaboration of three or more Episcopal churches in a strategic location whose aim is to develop and enhance sustainable initiatives that embody God’s mission.
PGC is a unique ecumenical and multicultural partnership spearheaded by a Founding Board from Lutheran, Presbyterian, and Episcopal churches. Its goal is to strengthen Brazilian immigrant families and their connection with their communities centered in Framingham and Marlborough, Mass., and to enhance spiritual transformation within and between the Hub partner communities.
The Executive Director (ED) will assume overall responsibility for PGC’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
Executive Director’s Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
- Assist the Founding Board to implement its unique vision of multicultural functioning by locating language learning resources and cultural competency training programs, with the end goal of enhancing spiritual transformation of the participating communities.
- Secure consultants for strategic planning, legal matters, and board development.
- Develop and refine PGC’s organizational structure.
- Recruit and supervise PRC’s first Program Director, who will:
- Enrich a successful program for teaching children Portuguese as a heritage language in Framingham.
- Launch a parallel program in Marlborough.
- Launch twin adult ESOL programs in Marlborough and Framingham.
- Staff and manage the child care these programs will share.
- Recruit additional partner organizations and churches, especially from Episcopal, Lutheran, and Brazilian immigrant churches in the region.
- Oversee development of an enthusiastic cadre of program volunteers.
- Effectively manage the current operating budget and plan future budgets.
- Serve as primary point of contact and public face of PGC, and represent PGC in diocesan interhub gatherings.
Fundraising and Communications
- Develop the financial viability of PGC through long-range financial planning, pursuing grant opportunities, developing a fundraising base of supporters, establishing a process for accepting in-kind donations, and establishing realistic fee-based structures for new programs.
- Create and implement an effective communications plan and be the primary public face of PGC.
- Promote meaningful relationships among partner parishes by developing pulpit exchanges, shared cultural events and collaborative spiritual events.
Development of Future Ministries
- In conjunction with the Program Director and Founding Board, create a program of community workshops relating to the physical, legal, educational, and emotional well-being of Brazilian immigrants.
- Establish basic literacy classes for adult Portuguese speakers.
- Develop church/public school partnerships in Framingham and Marlborough.
- Expand in the local area a site to host an established diocesan program of educational testing support for college-bound teens.
- Expand in the local area an established diocesan program for young adult interns to serve PGC and local churches.
- Develop PGC’s capacity to host a Brazilian Urban Resident priest.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to PGC’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience. Optimal candidates will have:
- A Master’s Degree in a related field;
- Brazilian Portuguese and English fluency;
- Knowledge of the Brazilian community;
- Knowledge of faith-based organizations;
- A strong track record in development, including grant-writing skills;
- Ability to promote PGC and influence outcomes;
- Proven capacity for self-direction and motivation;
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed for performance of duties.
Please direct résumés and questions to the email address below.