School Closing Policy
It is Andover Newton's policy to remain open except in cases of severely inclement weather. It is the responsibility of the Administration to determine if school will be closed and/or classes canceled. Normally the school will remain officially open even if classes are canceled.
The decision to close the school (no business operations and no classes) OR cancel classes (business offices open, but no classes) will be communicated through the following media:
- Recorded message on school's telephone number (617-964-1100)
- Message on the homepage of the school's website (www.ants.edu)
- Posting on designated radio and television stations
- TV Stations: WBZ (4); WCVB (5), 7News (NBC) & Channel 56 (CW)
- Radio Stations: WOKQ-FM: 97.5, 102.1, 103.7, 105.3 (New Hampshire)
- Online: cbsboston.com; TheBostonChannel.com; whdh.com
Normally the message will be posted by 6:00 a.m.
The decision for the school to remain open on a storm day indicates that all offices are open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and staff are working on campus. We ask for understanding if services are unavailable on storm days when the school is open.